The New 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
Free and confidential support for people in distress, 24/7
At Fidium Fiber, we understand how important it is to have access to help when you need it—especially when you or someone you care about is going through a mental health crisis.
Getting help through National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is easier than ever, simply call or text 988 for free and confidential support.
Nearly one in five adults in the United States are living with mental illness, and more than 50% of people in the United States will be diagnosed with a mental illness at some point in their lifetime. Unfortunately, many of these individuals face the risk of more serious problems if they aren’t able to get the help they need.
About the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a free, confidential 24/7 phone line that connects individuals in crisis with trained counselors across the United States.
You don’t have to be suicidal or in crisis to call the lifeline. People talk about lots of things: substance abuse, economic worries, relationships, sexual identity, illness, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illnesses, and loneliness. Here is more about the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline:
- You are not alone in reaching out. In 2018, more than 2.2 million people called the Lifeline.
- The Lifeline is funded and managed by SAMHSA. The Lifeline is a network of over 150 crisis centers nationwide.
- Calls to the Lifeline are routed to the nearest crisis center for connections to local resources for help.
- Responders are trained counselors who have stopped over 90 percent of suicide attempts or ideation among callers.
- Learn more about what happens when you call the lifeline here.
Visit samhsa.gov to learn more.